My aim is to provide a space that helps you gain a clearer understanding of yourself, your experiences and your situation.
I offer a space to create an in depth therapeutic relationship, a space that has emphasis placed on the creation of this relationship which is holistic; focusing on the whole- body, mind and soul of you the client.
Deciding to have counselling can be a very powerful and life-affirming choice. Sometimes it can feel not that easy or comfortable. You may find it confusing all these new emotions, want to give up. Be reassured that this is a normal part of the counselling process and it will get easier.
My aim is so you feel understood and supported, a place, to express your feelings in a safe and appropriate way. I don’t offer a promise of total happiness, but I do offer the opportunity to explore and accept your past experiences and move forward positively with your life.
My professional experience includes working with people with:
- Persistent and/or Major Depression
- Stress & Anxiety
- Life purpose/existential issues
- Work-life balance
- Difficult life transitions
- Relationship challenges
- Sexual/physical abuse
- Mid life issues
- Terminal Illness
- Adult children of Alcoholics
- University students and transitions
- PTSD (Post traumatic stress disorder)
- Womens transitional life cycles
- THEORETICAL FOUNDATIONS A variety of counselling philosophies and modalities underpin my approach to counseling. These include Eco Therapy, Transpersonal Psychology, Spiritual Psychology, Humanistic Psychology, Psychosynthesis, Jungian and Person-Centred Counselling.